The future of dedicated servers
The dedicated server reinvented with all the features you crave – full API control, load balancing, 8-minute deployment – paired with transparent pay-as-you-go billing.
Enjoy a level of flexibility only previously possible in the virtual cloud. And, as always, you can still count on 100% dedicated server performance.
All of our servers come with RAID technology so that your business-critical data is safe and accessible when needed.
Latest storage and processor technology
Advanced data centre-grade storage technology and the latest generation of processors ensure enhanced server performance, scalability and blazing-fast data access times. Choose from high-capacity HDD storage, reliable SSD or high-speed NVMe options.
A range of reliable Intel® processors from the Xeon® E3 up to high-end scalable Xeon® Gold and Silver CPUs provide the ideal platform for any workload.
AMD fan? Configure your server with a range of AMD Ryzen Pro and Epyc processors that supply peak performance, no matter the use case.
100% dedicated hardware
API & cloud integration
Our server options
Discover our new line of AMD servers featuring the latest Ryzen Pro and Epyc processors – ideal for applications that require multiple cores.
Starting at £55/month excl. VAT
Reliable and secure network
UK data centres
Ideal uses for your dedicated server
Running websites with high performance demands
Operating medium-sized eCommerce sites
Extending dedicated hardware with cloud functionality
Everything else from local IT infrastructure to remote server solutions
Definition: A "dedicated" server is one that the user has exclusive access to.
- full access to hardware that is
- physically used by only one customer.
In other words: the installed resources and components (CPU, RAM, storage, network access, etc.) are available to be used exclusively by a single dedicated server user.
The advantages of this are:
- there are no other users depending on your hardware
- the price/performance ratio of dedicated servers is better than that of virtual servers (VPS)
- a high level of computing power is available.
Special features of the IONOS dedicated server hosting range include:
- Flexibility: with IONOS, users can rent dedicated servers on demand. There is no commitment period, as our services are available in a matter of minutes after purchase.
- Functionality: with our cloud panel, you can add numerous cloud features, such as shared storage or a load balancer to your environment at any time.
- Support: users can benefit from our exceptional service and receive a personal contact who will provide advice and help with any technical challenges or configuration questions you might have. Please feel free to call or email us at any time.
- … cPanel?
We are currently working hard to ensure that our customers can benefit from the advantages of cPanel when using our product in the future.
- … WHM?
Not at the moment.
- … static IP addresses?
Yes, your server has a static IPv4 address.
- … multiple IP addresses?
Yes, our users can either use additional IPv4 addresses for a fee or set up a free IPv6 subnet with their server solution.
- … SSD?
Yes, our powerful dedicated server offers the following media storage options:
- (SATA) SSD
- NVMe SSD
SSD is an electronic storage option that does not contain any moving parts. Data is read and written much faster than with conventional HDD hard disks.
- … Plesk?
Yes, server administration can be done with Plesk Obsidian on request. You can also order an unlimited number of domains for your server.
Access to your system and information is available…
- with Linux servers: via an encrypted SSH connection
- with Windows servers: via RDP.
Should a problem occur with the network or the firewall, a KVM VNC console is also available to ensure access.
Since this is a product with root access, and you are free to install applications of your choice (within the scope of the general terms and conditions), the following example use cases are possible:
- web server
- email marketing platform
- game server
- video streaming platform
- to build a forum or community network
- as a shop development environment, for e.g.:
WordPress with WooCommerce
Yes, virtualisation using a hypervisor or virtual machine monitor (VMM) is possible with all IONOS dedicated server plans that include Intel Scalable processors and AMD Epyc processors. The corresponding packages come with the technical foundation required to create virtual machines on your dedicated server using a hypervisor and to manage their resources. In addition, you can use almost any hypervisor except for Hyper-V. Due to Microsoft’s licensing requirements, you cannot currently use Hyper-V as a hypervisor in combination with IONOS dedicated server plans.
Thanks to the hypervisor or virtual machine monitor (VMM), you can set up several different, completely isolated virtual machines with various operating systems. You can operate them in parallel on a single host system (in this case, it would be on your dedicated server). The virtual servers share their powerful hardware resources (processing power, RAM, disk space, network components), but cannot access files from another virtual machine that is running in parallel. This ensures that only individual virtual machines are affected if there is a program error or contamination during software testing, for example. The other virtual machines or test environments being managed on your dedicated server using a hypervisor remain protected and continue to work uninterrupted.
The IONOS Help Centre provides general information on virtualisation support for dedicated servers, which can be managed in the Cloud Panel.
General information on hypervisors is also available in the Help Centre.
Extensive information on the topic of virtualisation can also be found in our Digital Guide.
The following options contribute to the effective data protection of your business-critical services:
- Your data exchange with the server is encrypted as long as you establish a domain secured with the included Wildcard SSL Certificate.
- In the cloud panel, you are free to define the rules for your firewall yourself.
- Our infrastructure is equipped with extensive intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems.
- Our SIEM software constantly monitors and analyses security alerts, guaranteeing users high availability and secure products.
- Our data centres are ISO certified according to strict standards.
- A 100% level of protection against DDOS attacks is currently not possible.
Unlike a dedicated server, a 'private cloud' is a virtualised environment.
The latter is suitable if you operate multiple, and logically separate, individual software applications on their own hardware, that do not require many resources.
If you run a larger or performance-intensive application on your hardware, a dedicated server is best suited for that particular need.
That's a perfectly valid question. What both solutions have in common is that they offer the respective user a very high level of performance. The dedicated server hosting product is an extension of our shared web hosting portfolio, where users receive a web server managed by IONOS. Users receive hardware that they do not have to share with anyone, for the operation of their website applications. The dedicated server – whose computing power and resources are entirely exclusive – is distinguished by its root access to the system and the ability to install and administer all applications yourself. Dedicated server hosting, on the other hand, offers enormous performance capacity, which is provided by software administered by us (operating system, web server, database, SFTP, etc.).